Thursday, July 3, 2008

update:742008


Happy 4th everyone!

Eir Entry:

Me, Ane, and Faith formed a static to level our DNC jobs. Rahal is unamused (left pic).

I took the liberty to look some stuff up regarding Dancer, while being at work. So sum up my findings, I made the last two pics above this thread.



Bounding Boots or it's equivalant were suggested, so we might need to kill Leaping Lizzy for those who have none.

As for me, I might start with /THF, changing to COR and then maybe DRG XD

I forgot to mention the subjob mentioned everywhere: Monk.

Because the Dagger isn’t very effective until higher levels, many players go for hand-to-hand. Attack speed bonus, VIT, HP, Boost, and Dodge all make this a nice subjob until level 10.



=== First Day ===
After Faith an I caught up, we leveled pretty fast. We soon got the hang of things.

First time we died (lv 8?), I switched from /THF to /COR, cuz there was no change in stats. We kept on doing well, until our last defeat at lv 9 atTahrongi Canyon. Our spot wasn't the best camp.

Ane and I leveled up to 10 and I tried Corsair's Roll and got Lucky # 11. I think I'll keep /COR until at least DNC22 and then... dunno. Level COR for more use of it?

So far, /COR and /THF show the same stats and have proven to make me evade more often, yet landing a decent hit with my dagger. As mentioned in many guides, /MNK has proven to be kicking a lot of ass, but it did gave up on some evasion, as Faith Got into the yellow numbers more often than the rest. /WAR has proven to be a decent sub as well, putting Ane between me and Faith.

So far, the best stats have been AGI/EVA, DEX and STR.



=== Second Day ===
Last night, Cyrax caught up with us and joined our little DNC static. We began at East Ronfaure [S], but I caused some aggro on our butts, and we soon found ourselves rampaging around Konschtat Highlands instead.

Leveling didn't go too great. We did manage to get two levels. We had a break when Ane passed out and we were waiting for ages to get a Raise.

When I hit level 12, I found I couldn’t use my Dagger.


Subbing Corsair has still proven to be useful. Weak standard hits though. Luckily I ate my ATK/STR food.


That food doesn't make a good Dancer. The Bream Sushi that Cyrax used looks better, even if it's more expensive. It covers DEX, ACC and VIT.


For next time, Faith suggested we solo our way to 15, as we're getting a big improvement then. My idea is to still party, where we split up in two groups, killing easy mobs for fast XP. Also, Ichimaru will join us next time as a PLD.



TP
Bream Sushi / 10k
DEX+6, VIT+5, Resist Sleep, ACC+16%, RACC+16.

DD
Grilled Hare / 500 gil
STR+2, INT-1, ATK+30%, 3 hrs, unstackable.

Yellow Curry / 4.9k
HP+20, STR+5, AGI+2, INT-4, hHP+2, hMP+1, ATK+20%, RATK+20%, Resist Sleep, Resist Stun, 3 hrs, unstackable.

Waltz Support
Tuna Sushi / 12k
HP+20, DEX+3, CHR+5, Resist Sleep, ACC+15%, RACC+15%.

Tavnazian Taco / 14.1k
HP+20, MP+20, DEX+4, VIT+6, AGI+4, CHR+4, hHP+1, hMP+1, DEF+25%, 30 min, stacks @ 12.

Evasion
Black Curry / 5k
DEX+2, VIT+4, INT+1, hHP+2, hMP+1, DEF+15%, ACC+5, RACC+5, EVA+5, Resist Sleep, 3 hrs, unstackable.

Herb Crawler Eggs / Ask Faith
HP+6%, MP+10, VIT-1, AGI+3, EVA+8, 3 hrs, unstackable.

Regen
Pamama au Lait / 1k
Regen+2, 2 HP/3 seconds, 10 min, 400 total.

Persikos au Lait / 3.3k
Regen+4, 4HP/3 seconds, 10 min, 800 total.

Funny, and good too:

(8k HP+17, STR+3, VIT+2, AGI+1, hHP+2, hMP+2, ACC+5, ATK+20%, RATK+30%, Resist Paralyze, 30 min, stacks @ 12.

No comments: